TrailerShopper.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So many choices in cargo trailers leaves me overwhelmed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrailerShopper.com Forum Index -> Trailer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: So many choices in cargo trailers leaves me overwhelmed Reply with quote

I do high end craft shows and would like to get a cargo trailer to haul and [u]store[/u] my display in between shows. Am looking at Haulmark Cub 5x8, Wells Cargo, same size, (if I can afford it) comparable model, and now the Pace cargosport, same size. Am I comparing apples to apples or is there a marked difference in these brands of trailers. Whatever site you are on make theirs seem like the cream of the crop. So many choices. I believe my Subaru LL Bean Outback wagon (6 cylinder Horizontal engine) will pull any one of these 5x8's as long as total weight including what is in the car and thule holder on the roof does not exceed 3000 lbs. Storing my display in the trailer between shows is a must, just can't lug it in and out anymore. Do any of the jacks that come with any of these help keep the weight off the tires or are they all just stabilizer jacks? (scissor jacks included) Weatherproof and animal proof are a must also, are all vents created equal? I know, a lot of questions, but I only want to do this once, so Real people, HELP!![quote]
I live in the New Hampshire, so I need to be able to buy this somewhere within a 100 mile radius. Thanks.[/quote]
TS-Derek
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Dealers in your area that may help! Reply with quote

Rep Auto & Trailer Sales
747 Portsmouth Ave
Greenland NH, 0
(603) 436-7666

P A Trailer Sales Inc
74 Freetown Rd
Raymond NH, 0
(603) 895-4848

Here is a MA State list copy link into address bar in browser.
http://www.trailershopper.com/index.php?page=extra&pg=dealerbystate&state=MA

VA dealer that has inventory on site. He is real informative and personable up in your area.

Hamel Land Trailer Sales
204 Route 7 South
Milton, VT 05468
802-324-8109

I can tell you that I know you are correct with the weight and your Subaru. The jacks seem to be just stabalizers. I have seen one or two that when install a little tight that it actualy helps put the load on 4 tires.

No all vents are not created equal I would ask one of these dealers what they would recommend. Most that come with the trailer manufactures that you are looking at come with good ones.

Hope this helps.
Barb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, for the help so far. But what I would really like to know, are the three trailers I mentioned on the same page as far as quality. Any suggestions on favorites with any brand in particular? And, am I overlooking a brand that I should be considering. Thanks.
TS-Derek
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Ok I understand Reply with quote

Well I personaly own a trailer that I bought off Matt Kenseth and it is a Haulmark it is a good trailer have no complaints. I also Believe Pace Makes a good trailer because I have one of them as well.

No leaks and everything is tip top shape. They also pull very well with the stablizers.

I think you are in the top of the trailer market if you are looking at the ones you state in the question. Although there are many Cargo trailers that are good and reasonable price from other companies that compete. Just not on the national scale.

I would recommend shopping around on the site and looking at the cargo section to get some ideas of quality and maybe even conatct a few dealers to see what they say as well. If you set a price up front with them they can tell you what you get used or new.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrailerShopper.com Forum Index -> Trailer Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: