TrailerShopper.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cargo Trailer with Surge Brakes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrailerShopper.com Forum Index -> Trailer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Cargo Trailer with Surge Brakes Reply with quote

I belong to a High School Band Booster program and our bands have out grown their single axle trailer. We are looking a tandom axle cargo 7X 16 trailers but want one with surge brakes so we won't be limiting the number of parents who can pull it. Do they make such a trailer? We are actively looking.

Thomas Park, LBHS Band Booster
TS-Derek
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trailers with surge brakes aren't as common as trailers with regular electric brakes, but they are available. You see them on rental trailers quite often for the very reason you're looking for one- so multiple tow vehicles can pull the trailer without needing a brake controller.

If you're purchasing a new trailer, you can request surge brakes.Most manufacturers will add them as a custom option. I spoke with a Haulmark dealer and he said it's around $250 extra.

-Derek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. After speaking with many about this topic in the last several days, I am told all the U-Haul trailers are set up this way. I was hoping to find a pre-owned one out there but may have to got the 'New' route as I have yet to come across a used cargo trailer with surge brakes. Thanks so much for your response
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrailerShopper.com Forum Index -> Trailer Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: