TrailerShopper.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

trailer scam, beware !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrailerShopper.com Forum Index -> Trailer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TPD TRAILERS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: trailer scam, beware ! Reply with quote

Just to let all of you know. I was contacted by someone that wanted to buy a trailer. They first said that they were not in my state but had all transportation arrangements handled. After emailing back and forth several days the peson gave me an offer on the trailer. I gladly excepted the offer . They then said that they were out of the country and that they would send me a money order for the amount of the trailer plus an extra $4,200.00 for transportation cost. Even offered an extra 100.00 for my time ? (seems to nice to me) Here is the catch. They wanted me to Western Union the extra money to the shipper. Well I did not want to get in the middle between the shipper and customer. Plus there is a scam going on right now with fake money orders. And needless to say once you Western Union money to someone. Its gone forever. So I explained the situation via email. Well since this has happened this person no longer has the email adresse that they had given me and has not responded. ???? SCAM BE WARE !
dsdrmd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: trailer scam Reply with quote

You may also wish to register
a complaint with the Internet Crime section of the FBI (www.ifccfbi.gov)
which is gathering information on these types of scams.
This is a typical scam being used
throughout the country. Gladly you have not suffered a loss

1st rule they must give you contact info name, number, address
2nd rule only for the amount of the trailer...period
3rd you contact the bank directly to verify before you sign, add account # etc.
TS-Derek
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another version that some are receiving regarding their ads this week:

"I SAW YOUR ADVERT AT THE SITE www.trailershopper.com AND I WILL LIKE YOU TO GET BACK TO ME WITH THE LAST ASKING PRICE AND THE PRESENT CONDITION OF THE ADVERT AND IF AVAILABLE PLEASE ATTACH TO YOUR REPLY THE PRESENT PICTURE OF THE ADVERT.

HOPE TO READ FROM YOU SOON.
"

This is a prelude into the story about being overseas and wanting to send a check for more than the amount of the trailer.

If anyone receives this reply to their ad(s), just disregard it.

-Derek
TPD TRAILERS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep that is the exact way the email started Derek.
horsegyrl2009

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: same thing Reply with quote

we had the same thing happen only in regards to a saddle we were selling
hamelland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this type of e-mail sent to me all the time just have to becarfull and ignore them. Also I have fun with them once in awhile send some e-mail back and forth make them think your going to go threw with it and tell them later that you went out of bussiness and bank rupt I did this and it slowed down the number of repeated e-mails
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrailerShopper.com Forum Index -> Trailer Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: