TrailerShopper.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flat top trailers and vents?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrailerShopper.com Forum Index -> Trailer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
traf66

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Flat top trailers and vents? Reply with quote

I just purchased a 6x12 Haulmark V-nosed trailer. It didn't come with any vents (top or sides). Is there any reason for this? Is it better for this type of roof design for it to have a top or side mounted vent? What are the best ways to install the new ones?

Second question: Can I screw anchor points to the side braces and they hold up for minor loads such as motocross bikes? I know the floor mounted ones will work fine but was just wondering about te strength of the side mounted ones. Without them being put in before the side sheeting and nut/bolt secured I am not sure of their strength.
TPD TRAILERS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: roof vents Reply with quote

Roof Vents are extra on most trailers. Pro's and Con's some of the cheaper ones tend to leak after time. Also when left up during travel the tend to blow off. You can add them. On the Pace trailer that is just like yours they just make a box out of some wood 1x2 's screw it to the top of the trailer.
Then putty it up real well with some silicone so it does not leak. Cut hole
and mount roof vent. We have roof vents for sale new for $35.00.
call us if you would like to order. 916-381-0532 EXT 106 Jason.
To answer your other question if you screw into the wall studs you should be fine with light loads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrailerShopper.com Forum Index -> Trailer Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: