TrailerShopper.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

V-Nose Trailers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrailerShopper.com Forum Index -> Trailer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: V-Nose Trailers? Reply with quote

Are their any pros or cons for the v-nose enclosed trailers? I heard since they're more aerodynamic, you'll get better gas mileage when pulling them. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks - Andrew
gregt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew,

I've owned both types- vnose & regular nose. I like the extra space in the "V" area. As for better fuel economy, the jury is still out on that one.

Some swear it makes a difference and some say there is no way that it can. Supposedly, Haulmark & Timberwolf did a study on this and found no substantial advantage to the v-nose models as far as fuel mileage is concerned.

Maybe others can offer you more from their experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TrailerShopper.com Forum Index -> Trailer Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: